Note: This event is now closed. Round up is posted here
I have a weakness for dessert (just in case you had missed all this talk of cakes and cookies and cream puff swans ) and one of the blog events I eagerly check out is Sugar High Friday created by the awesome Jennifer, The Domestic Goddess. SHF is often described as an “international sweet tooth blogging extravaganza” with a different theme ever month, and each one dessert! Aaaand guess who is the giddy excited host this month? Me!! Yes, I get to open my inbox and hopefully get a sugar rush of toothsome posts from around the blogspohere all month long! Sweet!
This month’s theme is Rice. As sweet is the nature of SHF, you can make any dessert you like as long as it features rice in any form as one of the main ingredients: Flattened, toasted, puffed, steamed, cooked, rice flour, rice cake, rice cereal, rice milk..rice in anyway is nice, but just make sure its sweet! :)
Rice is a special boon for those allergic to dairy and gluten and often an ingredient in gluten free mixes so desserts made with gluten free flour mixes containing brown or sweet rice flour are fine too.
Rice pudding, rice krispie treats, horchata, mochi, rice ice cream, South Indian sweet appams, ari unda...there are delicious rice based desserts from around the world, so go on be inspired and surprice us ;)
Deadline and Participation Requirements
Anyone can participate.
Make a dessert that incorporates Rice as a major ingredient– it can be any kind of dessert you like, it does not have to be baked: it can be cooked, microwaved or even raw.
The deadline for submitting your entries is
magpiemails [at] gmail [dot] com
In your email, please include:
- Your name
- Your blog’s name and url
- The link to your entry blog post
- A brief summary of your entry, including any sources, i.e. cookbook or food blog, and other helpful info such as if your entry is also dairy-free or sugar-free, etc. (Note: your recipe does not have to be sugar-free or dairy-free in order to be eligible.)
- Attach 1 picture of your creation, preferably not wider than 500 pixels.
- If you do not have a blog, you can still email me your pictures with the above details and I will include it in the round up. If you want to share just a rice sweet recipe, do post it in a comment below, we would love it!
- In your entry blog post( for those of you with blogs), please be sure to add a link to Jennifer’s SHF page and this announcement post to help spread the word.
Check out the previous hosts and round ups for SHF here
Nags of Edible Garden hosted a Monthly Mingle featuring many rice desserts and dishes here
Priya of Priya's Easy and Tasty also had a rice sweets celebration here