How to pit cherries without a cherry pitter

Aug 2012 091

Pitting a bowl of these can be messy business if you don't have a cherry pitter. Since I already have several gadgets that I hardly use and I hate buying stuff that serves only one purpose, I was thrilled to see this idea from food52. I know I might be a little late to be sharing this, but it was too good not to!
Simply place the cherry in the mouth of an empty bottle with a small neck- your typical beer bottle. 
Use a sturdy plastic straw, a pastry tip or  a plastic spout like I used (something with a sort of nozzle works better, than the chopstick that they suggest I think) to gently push the pit out, right into the bottle! Easy!

How to pit cherries without a cherry pitter

4 comments:

  1. ahahaha love this trick. Super cool. Reminds me the egg separating trick circulating around, maybe not quiet but just as much fun. I always worry I will jam my finger at the cherry pitter I got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes! That one is super cool, I should test it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey super cool.... Thnks 4 sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a great idea! Now if only I can get some cherries around here....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and encourage me to keep blogging! Thanks for visiting and taking time to leave me a message :)